Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Don't Hold Back

You must be thinking... why did she start a blog if she never blogs??? I'm going to try to be better about blogging. I could give you a million reasons why I don't blog more often (the computer is upstairs, but its cozier downstairs... I'm tired... I've been sick...), but I won't. :) Instead, I'm going to promise to try to blog more consistently.

Tonight something happened at RCIA. I had to call Kyle on the way home to tell him (we have to drive to RCIA in two different cars). He was a bit confused at first... I told him... "I have to tell you what happened at church tonight..." He said... "before I got there?" I replied... "no no no... you were there... it happened in my head." :)

Fr. Ross was talking about what happens when we have a relationship with Christ. He talked about the metaphorical marriage between yourself and Christ. He mentioned "don't hold back" and "embrace all that He teaches even if you don't understand." It made me flash back to about 4 years ago. Kyle and I began our relationship about 4 years ago. It was rocky at the start. We both liked each other and we wanted to be happy, but we were too prideful to give up our schedules for the other person. We wanted to be together, but we were too afraid that it wouldn't work since we were Seniors and our lives were moving in different directions after graduation. It wasn't until I surrendered our relationship to God (I prayed a lot) and Kyle told me he loved me (which happened about 3 weeks after I started praying - it's a cool story if you ever want to hear it some time) that we let go of our worries and we let God go to work. It was then that our relationship blossomed and we got closer and we were happier.

I equate 4 years ago with what's going on now. I've been approaching RCIA and Fr. Ross with hesitations. I've approached things with pride. I need to let go, learn from Christ, and DON'T HOLD BACK. You can keep me accountable and ask me if I'm holding back. I may not answer you, but I'll answer myself - I PROMISE!

No comments:

Post a Comment