Sunday, April 5, 2009

Confession

Last Thursday was my first confession. I had a heck of a time getting to the church since I was rear-ended on the way there. I think it was kind of comical - rain (so I was soaked), stood in a fire ant bed (so I have TONS of bites on my ankle), and I was late for my first confession. I stayed very calm and just figured that the Lord would take care of it all... and He did! I don't have any pain (which I was nervous about since I hurt my neck a few weeks back) and the other driver's insurance company is being GREAT! (She was found totally at fault)

Back to confession... I had completed of examination of conscience and had 16 years worth of sins to commit. I cried as I read them off saying "Lord I'm sorry for breaking your ___ commandment by ____" each time. I talked with the priest and then came the absolution of my sins. I bowed my head and I felt a pressure around my head and shoulders. I felt the presence of God. It was wonderful. Kyle asked if it was like my baptism - it wasn't, but I know it was the Holy Spirit each time.

I'll be blogging throughout Holy Week to let you know all about it!

2 comments:

  1. I cannot believe you were rear-ended on the way to your first confession! (Reminds me of when my car was broken into at my very first RCIA class.)
    Anyway, I am glad that confession went well and that you had a positive experience!!
    Just wanted to share something - Paul and I watched "The Passion" last night. You have probably seen it but boy, was it powerful. Watching it the night before Palm Sunday made it even more meaningful and gave me a true appreciation today at mass of what the final days on earth were like for Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That accident sounds providential to me. It became a reminder of how much you...we all...need God. See you for Easter!
    Love you,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete